eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, October 18, 2007

East Coast Bias

I can't think of any better evidence of the east-coast bias in sports media than what I just saw a minute ago.

ESPN led its late "SportsCenter" with the Joe Torre story. Not only is it not the biggest story in sports today, but it's not even the biggest story in baseball.

Sure it's huge here in New York, but last time I checked, ESPN has viewers everywhere. The biggest story in sports at this hour is the Rutgers upset of visiting No. 2 South Florida tonight (which, of course, I predicted), but I can understand if it gets pushed to the second story because the game just ended and they're tying up some loose ends.

But the biggest story in baseball is the ALCS Game Five that as of this writing is still in progress. The Torre story has been in play for seven hours, and I think those who care are already in the know.

ESPN sucks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home