eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Thicke-Headed

So a new role was added to my job description this week, and I executed it as well as could have been expected. Because I'm the first of our national team of editors to arrive in the morning, I had to greet the guests as they arrived for a two-day conference Tuesday and Wednesday. They waited in the lobby; I made two dozen trips from the third floor to pick them up, ride in the elevator with them to the seventh floor, say things like, "Hot one out today, huh?" and lead them to the conference room where fresh coffee awaited.

Obviously, the faces were familiar by the time I went down on the second morning, but two new faces were seated next to them in the lobby. So I greeted them appropriately.

"Are you here with the (our division's name) team?"

That's when C-list actor Alan Thicke turned his head toward me and said, "Excuse me?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home