eXTReMe Tracker

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Amateur Hour



So I was horsing around with Windows Movie Maker, which seems a cheap version of, um, something more sophisticated. It came with this new laptop I got in January, but for a beginner like me, perhaps this is good enough for the time being. I had to make a few tweaks just to get this thing to play in Windows Media Player so I could upload to my eyespot.com account. I'm hoping to start making some short videos, and this is the very first one.

Anyway, I had three cameras set up at the first turn of the 2005 Kentucky Derby at Louisville's historic Churchill Downs. Two were on tripods with remote cords, and the third camera I was shooting by hand.

My Canon Digital Rebel XT ripped off 14 frames in about five seconds and this bad clip above is merely the splicing together of those still shots. Underneath, I added a few seconds of music that didn't really match the occasion, and then of course an intro and a closing tag.

I've never claimed to be too technically savvy, but I know I can do much better than this on the next try. I just wanted to establish a starting point so I can see what kind of progress I'll be making. This might possibly be the most boring blog entry I've ever posted.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home