eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, June 28, 2007

My First NYC Blackout

No, not that kind of blackout. I've already had a few of those up here.

But during my routine post-work nap Wednesday afternoon, I was awakened by the sounds of jackhammers next door. A new apartment building is going up and I've been listening to the construction for nearly a year, and will continue to hear it for another two years.

But usually the jackhammers are drowned out by my noisy air-conditioner, which conked out at about 3:30 p.m. yesterday. Everything conked out. The blackout hit the Upper East Side and lasted for nearly an hour. My seventh-floor luxury apartment heated back up immediately on a humid, 90-degree day, and that sucked. And once the power came back on, I was sweating and fully awake and it would have been too late in the day to try to resume the nap.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home