eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, June 18, 2007

ps450

My dude Bruce stood me up twice this weekend, and I was cool with staying in Friday, but Saturday, at about 10:30 p.m., I ended up sending out a couple text messages to see if anyone was doing anything exciting.

Remember Blaney? The gal I met on the subway platform a few months ago? She replied promptly and said she and her girlfriends were just finishing dinner out and that they were going to ps450, a 25-ish joint in Murray Hill.

Despite being an accountant, Blaney is gorgeous, or that's at least what I'll say here because I know she reads me and I need her to help me with some tax questions before a Wednesday deadline. When you're clueless about the new money coming in from selling art, you want to play by the rules, and Blaney is nice enough to allow me to pick her brain.

But she really is hot, though.

So I rolled down to 30th and Park Avenue and saw a long line that wasn't moving much. I can handle being in a bar full of 20-somethings, but for some weird reason waiting outside in line, where people are not spilling drinks on you is far less appealing. I texted Blaney and told her I'd just gotten in line, and prepared myself to stand quietly with hands in pockets for about an hour.

It did take almost that long, but when I finally reached the door and was about to present my ID to the doorman, Blaney texted me the following message. "I think we're going to leave. Are you still out there?"

That's pretty funny, but in the minute or two between the time I got that message and when I got in the door and saw Blaney and her group, one of her girlfriends saw a dude she liked so they decided to stay.

In the year that I've been up here and in the eight months since I've been broken up with a girl far younger than I, a bar full of 20s hasn't really been doing it for me. But for some reason this ps450 was pleasantly tolerable. On each trip to the bar, another patron always seemed to strike up a conversation with me, including, later at night, perhaps bespectacled with beer goggles, two lovely young film industry hopefuls named Heather and Sasha, who promised to attend my next party, which I think is going to be July 28. Please mark that date down.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:12 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome. I'm sure your night was better spent with the lovely ladies than with me.

 
At 11:45 PM EDT, Blogger the whole orange said...

Thanks for the manipulative compliment;) I know my extensive knowledge regarding sales and use tax is extraordinarily attractive...

 
At 7:39 AM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Just giving you a hard time, Bruce.

And Blaney, thanks for your services last night. I meant every word I said!

 
At 3:25 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Standing in line for booze?!? And you call yourself a buckeye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home