eXTReMe Tracker

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Places Visited This Weekend

+ 'Ino -- Entree and wine were fine, as was dessert, but I seriously think I had the best salad ever. Dried prosciutto chunks made the romaine salad with pancetta and cucumber outstanding. Small, dark joint with candles, good crowd and cool music was great for a date.

+ Little Branch -- Kept it in the West Village for a post-dinner drink, and this place was pretty cool. Too bad I ruined the vibe by telling Frenchie a bad story that she had no interest in hearing. Nonetheless, this is a cool spot that serves specialty cocktails over large ice blocks to keep from diluting the beverage. But take a fat wallet; it's a cash only joint.

+ The Coffee Shop -- It's hard not to like a place that is conveniently located, serves great brunch for cheap prices, employs and attracts quite pretty people and plays great music. The first few times I visited were for weekend drinks, but today was the second straight Sunday I'd had brunch there, and I think I'll be heading back next week.

+ Haru -- My first trip to Haru Sushi won't be my last. It's within walking distance, the food and atmosphere are excellent and our bill was smaller than the one at The Coffee Shop. Go there now!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home