eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, November 12, 2007

Cooking With John

I make all-star style chili. I started making it nearly 10 years ago. It's my mom's recipe. In fact, one night before a chili cookoff I made a T-shirt that read, "My Mom's Chili."

It's been nearly two years since my last batch, but when my dude Bruce told me he'd come over Saturday to watch Ohio State, I figued I'd make some. Then my friend Mary said she'd come over too. They both liked the chili. I was so inspired that I made another batch tonight.

And while I won't reveal my secret ingredient, I will tell you that you should not include a sliver from the old wooden spoon you use to stir it. The lesson here is, when you see something odd in the bite you're bringing close to your mouth, don't just assume it's some odd-looking food and shovel it into your mouth. It very well could be a normal-looking wooden-spoon sliver. Those do not taste good.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:34 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

" I was so inspired I made another batch tonight " Glad to know everything is going so well with the love life.

 
At 2:23 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like Betty F'n Crocker

 
At 4:52 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's all you're gonna say about the Ohio State game? Are you referring to the football game contested in Columbus Saturday afternoon? Chili? Aw, come on Wiseman!

 
At 5:54 PM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Something tells me you root for Illinois, and I think you'll agree we as Ohio State fans would rather tell a bad story about chili than talk about that awful football game.

But congratulations! I'm sure you're proud of Zooker and Juice, and you should be. Dicks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home