eXTReMe Tracker

Friday, March 28, 2008

HilLIARy

So the Democratic race was interesting because it was close until about a month ago, but now it's interesting for another reason.

It's nice to see that under the pressure of merely trailing in a campaign, Hillary's team has stepped up the attacks and shown how uncool it is under duress. And on nearly every occasion, Obama has been game.

Can't help but wonder how Hillary would handle a real international crisis like, say, the one that began five years and 4,000 troops ago?

If Obama never made one more campaign appearance, he'd still get the nod because with each story Hillary tries to claim as her own, she loses believability with almost every syllable. We hear so much about change, and every politician always has the answer for everything -- today it's that they'll both fix the mortgage crisis -- but it's becoming clear how hard it will be to trust this woman.

And this isn't even about her recollection, her having misspoke or misremembered the 1996 events in Bosnia where she allegedly hustled under fire from plane to waiting security cars. This is about a speech in the last day or two where she recalled some poignant visit with a man from Ohio. Maybe he was an old farmer or some tired factory worker; I really don't know. But she played up the emotional aspect of it to a point where you thought the occasion genuinely touched her. So it was pretty uncomfortable for me to watch someone tell such a story by looking down frequently at note cards. I don't know about you, but if I'm telling a story about a significant moment in my life, do I really need someone else to write it for me beforehand?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:03 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to 2009 being the end of the Bush/Clinton era. I never trusted that wench, and I never will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home