eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, March 03, 2008

Walking To Work

I take the bus from my luxury apartment near 85th Street and get off at 68th Street, then walk a couple blocks to work each morning at 5 a.m. in the pitch dark.

It's pretty safe, considering I walk past a police station and then a firehouse along the way.

But this morning, that didn't stop some curious- and somewhat dirty-looking jackass with a couple of duffel bags on the ground in front of the firehouse from approaching me and asking if I could help him. I gave him no eye contact and not even one syllable, just kept walking.

"Thanks a lot man. I'm a fireman."

I'm fairly sure he wasn't a fireman, but if he was, he could have asked a colleague inside the building where he allegedly works for a hand.

Now that the day has passed, I'm kicking myself for not lobbing a smartass reply to him.

What would you have said?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:17 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm unemployed

 
At 10:05 AM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Yo bro: Start leaving funnier comments.

 
At 10:28 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, can you help me then? My cock's on fire!

 
At 2:26 PM EST, Blogger brokedickdog said...

see wise- you just need to be specific with your peeps.

Trane knows funny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home