eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Recent Rental Reviews

The Kingdom -- I wanted to see this when it was in the theaters last year, but was surprised when it kind of disappeared without any real buzz. Watched it Friday night and it was excellent.

Punch-Drunk Love -- I've never enjoyed and Adam Sandler movie, but several friends assured me this wasn't typical Adam Sandler. They were right; it wasn't. But I didn't like this one much better.

Tsotsi -- Very good movie.

Smokin' Aces -- Decent movie. Lots of bloodshed, which I'm fine with. Just wasn't a great movie.

Half Nelson -- Prior to last year, I'd never seen any movies with Ryan Gosling, Ryan Philippe and Ryan Reynolds. But I became a fan of all three in 2007, and Gosling gives a nice effort in this good movie.

Factory Girl -- I'm not well-informed on the Andy Warhol era, so it was nice to get mildly indoctrinated. Good movie here.

The Great Happiness Space -- Bizarre. Young Japanese men make tons of cash partying with desperate women who are willing to fork over the big bucks. Odd documentary, but definitely worth watching.

A Crude Awakening -- You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to appreciate this documentary. Definitely worth watching.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home