eXTReMe Tracker

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Pretty Nice Little Saturday

I came home from Burger King, saw my hacked up face in the mirror and could't help but laugh. I thought I'd write about it on this here blog, but the computer continues to screw around and it booted me off each time I tried to turn it on.

So I grabbed the camera and scooted up to 88th Street, where I found a neat church a few weeks ago that I wanted to shoot. On the way, an old friend named Troy called and I thought I'd mention this because you know how I said Miles' move to New York freed up a place for me in that Hyde Park house? Well, when I moved out of there, my dude Barry moved in, and then when Zane moved out, Barry's dude Troy moved in. And now Troy, likes Miles and I, lives up here in New York. That's the worst story I've ever told, but perhaps I'll be having some beers with Troy one of these days.

Anyway, the pictures didn't turn out too great, but I was reluctant to call it a day. It was a warm day and there was lots of energy on the streets. I kept walking around, and then I remembered I've been meaning to buy a couple of things for the apartment.

I got lost looking for Dean & Deluca -- the store, not the people -- and stumbled upon what later turned out to be a Dianetics office. Yep, that Dianetics. The sign said nothing about that whacko L. Ron Hubbard, just "Free Personality Test Inside." Always curious and paranoid, I figured I'd go waste an hour so someone could have a computer remind me why I don't like myself.

But the detour actually turned out to be worth it. I must admit, the workers and the, um, students I guess, were very friendly and the place had an overall very positive feel inside. I talked to some dude sitting in a sauna -- not naked -- who said he did a lot of drugs back in the day, and paid a handsome $1,400 or so in order to purify and detox every day for two or three hours for four to six weeks. It was weird; everyone wanted to tout what Dianetics had to offer, but I really had to dig to find out what the "donation fee" was.

I don't expect to join anytime soon, but I'm glad I stopped in. I needed another reminder of the areas where I'm deficient. Can anyone spare some Zoloft?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home