eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, June 05, 2006

Mostly Soapy With A Chance Of Showers

The shower didn't work in the new apartment, and after a day and night that included driving, unloading and unpacking, getting clean was a major priority. But once the late-afternoon hours rolled around -- we'd been in NYC 24 hours and still no sign of sunshine -- the showers gave no signs of slowing down. So Jennifer had the bright idea of going out on the roof in our bathing suits, armed with a bottle of shampoo and my trusty bar of Irish Spring.

Sure enough, after five minutes on top of the building, I was indeed fresh and clean as a whistle. But I was also freezing my ass off, which made me thankful we kept our bathing suits on. The Costanza Shrinkage Syndrome was in full effect.

RESTAURANT REVIEW -- We were actually clean enough to venture out for dinner once again, and we hit this new French bistro on 88th and 2nd. I'd walked past it two weeks prior when I came up to look for an overpriced shoebox of an apartment, which reminds me that I need to get reimbursed for that $1,100 I spent on that trip.

Anyway, I was surprised I was able to remember where this restaurant (I think it's called La'dolce or something similar) was, but I'm glad I did. I fully recommend it. It draws a nice mix of young professionals up to savvy locals. Jennifer and I sat next to a nice couple in their 30s at the bar. Heather said she used to review restaurants, and coupled with her stylish shoes, I figured she was in the know regarding the restaurant scene. She said the joint had been open no more than two months, and had gotten splendid reviews.

Our potato appetizer at the bar was tasty, just like the vodka drinks we ordered. And the hanger steak I had was prepared to perfection. Friday marked the first time I tried marrow, and it likely will go down as the last time I try it.

Great atmosphere, good date music and very pleasant waitstaff. I'll go back again, but not until I get another couple of paychecks in the bank. $$$.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home