eXTReMe Tracker

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Miles Drinkish

A couple of posts below, there's a reference to The Precinct, a fine steakhouse in Cincinnati where I used to work years ago. I made a couple of friendships with dudes who were buds with this one cat named Miles, who became one of my better friends for a few years in Cincinnati.

Anyway, he's lived up here for about five years now, married with -- not to -- twin boys and what not. The baton and I caught up with him last night and he was still as cool as he used to be. Sure enough, the beers went down easily and often like they did back in the day. I'm really taking a liking to Stella Artois.

We hung out at the Spring Lounge, which boasts anything but a lounge atmosphere -- neither the 1991 Radisson Inn type of lounge nor the big-city, comfy couch, $12-per-drink type of lounge. Lots of old wood and uncomfortable seating, but good company in the charming Soho neighborhood nonetheless.

Baton and I were operating on empty stomachs, so she bolted across the street to grab a few slices of pizza and brought them back. Regardless of where or how much I eat -- especially lately -- a visit to the men's room always is necessary almost the second I swallow my last bite.

Sure enough, I rolled over to the men's room and put a hurtin' on that toilet.

So it was good to see Miles, who, by the way, made my bedroom available when he moved to New York. His departure from Cincinnati allowed me to take over his room in a cool, two-bedroom crib in the Hyde Park neighborhood with old friend Zane back in 2000. This fact might become relevant in an upcoming post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home