eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Kobayashi Wins Again

KobayashiThe call came Monday night. Boss knows I'm a little bit of a photography enthusiast, and figured I'd want to get away from the office on the Fourth of July. I couldn't say no.

So there I was Tuesday. High noon, sweating my ass off, struggling to penetrate the mass of humanity and find the media booth. I need to tell someone I'm on some sort of list, so I can hang a Wayne-n-Garth-like credential around my neck. I'd like some preferential access so that I can knife through this moist crowd and get a good position.

Kobayashi, from Japan, was spending his Independence Day trying to once again outnasty 19 others in the annual Hot Dog Eating Contest at Nathan's on Coney Island. He succeeded ... for the sixth straight time.

Kobayashi is 160 pounds, but managed to swallow a record-setting 53.75 hot dogs and buns in 12 minutes.

When I asked his translator afterward what Kobayashi planned to have for dinner, the champ laughed and said, "Leftovers."

Now that's just disgusting.

4 Comments:

At 4:26 PM EDT, Blogger brokedickdog said...

Did you post any new pictures?

 
At 7:22 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

I tried to add one, but I don't know where to have it hosted. First time for everything!

Where do you live now?

 
At 9:39 PM EDT, Blogger brokedickdog said...

Richmond Heights

 
At 10:09 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Dropping RH on me is a good one, but it's now time to turn on comment moderation. Sorry, brah, had to do it. You should probably tell me who you are now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home