eXTReMe Tracker

Friday, August 04, 2006

Ridin' Bitch

I didn't recap my Philadelphia birthday weekend for you last weekend. Much of it has since been forgotten because of brain cells damaged by alcohol consumption, but here's one thing I do remember -- Ridin' bitch.

I think I'm fairly down with the hip language of young people, but I don't think I'd previously heard this term used to describe riding in the backseat of a car, between two other people with very little shoulder or leg room. That's how the Baton and her girlfriend Tacia referred to it because they had to take turns on the road trip. Don't look at me; I'm 6 feet tall with long legs, so I had the window seat all weekend long.

By the time Saturday night rolled around, Tacia had probably put in a little bit more time ridin' bitch, and she and the Baton opened a fairly entertaining conversation about it. Keep in mind that these two gals are fairly princesslike.

Now I won't give you the play-by-play, but it ended in a round of laughter from all in the room when Tacia said, "I don't like to complain, but . . . " Whatever she was planning to say after that preface never made it out of her mouth because we all interrupted with laughter and subsequent calls of bullshit.

And as you know, I determine the value of a visit with friends by how many pranks get pulled, and if I do say so myself, I had a fairly good one.

Some dude who I don't know went up to the second-floor, where Nikki was using the restroom. He knocked on the door lightly; he had to go too. There was no reply after a few seconds, so as I was in a nearby room with the Tacia, her sister Zanaida and the Baton, I let out a feminine-sounding, "Come in," (think Fletch outside of Chief Carlin's office) and homeboy pushed the door open.

The next thing we heard was, "Oh, shit, I'm really sorry."

I always enjoy a good gag.

But that night was actually outstanding. Zanaida and a couple of others at their house that night had just spent the previous week taking the Pennsylvania and New Jersey bar exams, so it was a lovely celebration of food, drink and friends. And Z's boyfriend, Todd, is on my new list of cool people. Excellent dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home