eXTReMe Tracker

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving in Connecticut

ConnecticutHARTFORD, Conn. -- Remember John Charlton, Hot Carl, the Heater? Well, he lives up here in Hartford and was kind enough to entertain me for Thanksgiving Thursday.

So I got up here and drank all of his wine and enjoyed a lovely spaghetti dinner, and we're actually planning big turkey doings this evening, Friday, after some other out-of-town guests arrive.

Charlton lives in a nice, quiet, wooded area, which is always a welcome departure from the noise and overall hate of the city. Above is a picture of a bridge over a small fall right near a lake that's about 100 yards away from his house.

Remind me to tell you about my last trip to Connecticut, which involves an ESPN interview and chicken pox. I'll get to that later, when I'm not sitting on a stool and leaning on a bed as I type.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! Hope your weather is as nice where you are as it is here in Hartford. It's quite nice out. In fact . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home