eXTReMe Tracker

Friday, November 17, 2006

$6.75

(On location blogging because I'm really cool.)


LOUISVILLE -- It doesn't really take much to make me happy, especially after what I endured trying to fly here from New York last night.

When I finally did reach my destination -- surprise, it was a bar! -- where a handful of Primpin' loyals kindly awaited, I was greeted with a complimentary beverage.

A short time later, when I tried to repay the friend with a return drink, another colleague joined in the conversation, so I ordered three draft beers.

"Six seventy five," the chesty brunette announced.

I almost died and went to Heaven, and it had nothing to do with the bartender.

$6.75 is what I pay for three-fourths of a Ketel One and tonic in New York. It's about what I pay for a bottle of Bud, with the tip. But six seventy five for three tall cold beers makes me want to maximize my value, so I think I might just go to the bar here in a short while and drink alone all day to take advantage of those savings.

Just kidding. When you rent a really hot blue minivan because it's the last car Enterprise has at midnight, you don't really drink (much) and drive. So I had two beers and switched to water.

28 hours until kickoff.

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather pay the $6.75 for a beer and be surrounded by NYC female talent than $6.75 for a case of Busch Light to down with a bunch of toothless hillbilly "ladies".

 
At 3:54 PM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Don't knock Kentucky, dude. The ladies there are splendid.

But yeah, no match for NY gals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home