eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Catching Up

I met a date at a Lower East Side joint a couple weeks ago, then raved about it to a co-worker who was curious to find out about it for herself. So I told her to meet me there last Friday at 9:30 p.m.

We all know that means I'll show up closer to 10, and as I did, she was leaving to go elsewhere, and did not extend the invitation to me. I was quite apologetic for my tardy arrival, but quite frankly, 20 minutes late in New York is not that big of a deal. Was pretty surprised about how matter of fact she was and how she offered zero apologies about leaving. Don't know if I'll plan to socialize with her again anytime soon.

Saturday was better. Much of the last month or so I'd gone out of town or battled a bad cold, so it was nice to just relax on my warm couch and watch college hoops all day. This just in -- The PAC-10 is hot.

Then at night, Anne from work arranged a gathering at Chinatown Brasserie, which was fairly cool. I'm more of a pub or lounge type of dude, and typically not much for hanging around a bunch of expensively-dressed pretty people, but one night on the glam scene wasn't too painful. Got a pleasant text message asking for my presence over at a joint called Honey, which I thought I'd read about previously in Vanity Fair. But when I showed up and saw it was a bunch of 20-somethings, perhaps I was thinking about some other place. Or maybe Paris Hilton released her bad CD there months ago.

Sunday afternoon was typically unproductive, but then I went out for a little while to Jack Russell's to watch what turned out to be an outstanding AFC Championship game between New England and Indianapolis. I was quite surprised that my friend Emily was anti Tom Brady. I thought all the gals love him. He's handsome, rich as hell and has three Super Bowl rings ... and he's not even 30.

Monday, I was off, but the day was not as pleasant as I was hoping for it to be. First, I woke up and was in excruciating pain. I slept awkwardly on my neck, which remained jacked all day. And the computer problems that the Baton's printer caused over the summer appear to have caught up with me. I've been talking about buying an external hard drive for about two months now to back up all my files. It might be too late. My hard drive might be fried. Old dude Jason tried to talk me through taking the hard drive out of my computer and installing it in an old CPU I had laying around the crib. Not working.

So I took the piece to the Geek Squad down the block at Best Buy. New laptop might be in order. So much for getting out of debt by midyear.

I think we're all caught up.

Dreamgirls not nominated for Best Picture?

13 Comments:

At 9:47 AM EST, Blogger brokedickdog said...

My doctor said that if I slept ON my neck it might hurt in the morning, but I ignored him and did it anyway. What an idiot he is.

 
At 10:16 AM EST, Blogger brokedickdog said...

The guys over at CNET called and want to hire you to write for their tech-blog, they asked if you know C++, I said yes so be ready.

 
At 10:18 AM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

The rest of my body was airborne. All my weight was indeed on my neck. Thanks, broke, for shedding light on this problem from which I presume many people suffer.

 
At 10:59 AM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Did they say what time they were going to call? I'm hooking up my new rotary phone as we speak!

 
At 11:34 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I specifically waited an extra 2 hours before posting a comment, wanted to see if your editorial board would let this latest blog entry stay up for more than an hour. Way to go on the self censorship!!

 
At 11:50 AM EST, Blogger brokedickdog said...

“typically not much for hanging around a bunch of expensively-dressed pretty people” That’s why I wore a scarf all night indoor while in Cincinnati. Don’t be surprised if the next time you see Wise he is in this ensemble…

http://news.yahoo.com/s/fwd/20070117/en_fashion_fwd/marnileggingsarethenewmusthave

 
At 12:11 PM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Enough with the scarf. It is an excellent garment.

Plus, I forgot to pack my K-Swiss shoes, my big M sweathshirt and my Sigma Nu pin.

 
At 12:31 PM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Editorial Board met for several hours after we spoke yesterday. We're excited about the new policy changes, which you'll notice in the coming weeks.

 
At 1:22 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey wow. A post you haven't deleted. Rock.

 
At 1:46 PM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Even the international press is on me now?

I've learned my lesson about writing about romantic interests, and will not do it again until the next time I do it.

 
At 1:56 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I have been around pretty people. Tell me more.

 
At 1:02 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreamgirls blowed (blew?)

 
At 1:31 PM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Crystal -- who's your BP winner this year? And gimme a darkhorse while you're at it. Hurry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home