eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Chocolate -- A One-Act Play

Cast of Characters:

Me -- White dork with glasses
Erin -- Nice white female co-worker
Gayle -- Nice black female co-worker

I'll never forget when, around the holidays, I was working one evening at a television station in Cincinnati. As is often the case at a TV station around the holidays, there were candies and treats and what not all splayed out on a nearby desk.

Erin was coming around the corner, and I caught a glimpse of her just as she was popping a Hershey's Kiss into her mouth. So I continued the gaze and said, "What's up, chocolate?"

Of course, now that she had a piece of candy in her mouth, she couldn't immediately respond, so Gayle, now appearing in my line of sight just a few feet behind Erin, answered the question for her.

"Not much, John, what's up with you?"

4 Comments:

At 2:02 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, your flow works on EVERY level. If I said that, the Rev Al would be on my doorstep within minutes.

 
At 9:39 AM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Gayle is typically a pretty quiet gal, which made the joke even better.

 
At 10:54 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last Christmas, Hedi, our Jewish tape librarian brought around a bunch of holiday trinkets to our area. She said, "I've got Christmas stuff, some Hannakuh stuff," and then she turned to me and said, "I've also got some Kwanzaa stuff in the back if you're interested."

 
At 6:56 AM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Kwanzaa stuff is in the back. It's under some boxes and other shit. But have at it! Classic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home