eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Today Sucks Already

Less than five hours into Tuesday, I'm already pissed, and it takes a lot to get me pissed.

I took my not-so-uncommon 90-minute or two-hour nap after work Monday. I rolled out of the rack at about 5:30 p.m. Walked around, probably stepped on some clutter -- maybe a shoelace or a renegade bread crumb -- stretched, then went for a run in Central Park.

It was after 7 p.m. when I got back. I haven't slept since, and I've got a full work day ahead of me.

I just couldn't get to sleep.

If I take the post-work nap, then usually I'll get into bed around 11, read for a half hour or so, then fall asleep before midnight, and wake up at about 4:15 a.m. This time, I put the book down at about 1 a.m., and tossed and turned until 3:15 a.m. I then decided I'd just get out of bed and go into work an hour early. And going in an hour early in my job is extra sucky, since my normal in-time is an already unpleasant 5 a.m.

As if that wasn't bad enough, what greeted me when I got in was a book on my desk called "The No Asshole Rule: Building A Civilized Workplace And Surviving One That Isn't," left by the most courageous of co-workers -- the anonymous one.

Here's a tip: If you ever want to get away with secretly leaving a book on a co-worker's desk, make sure it's not one of the many complimentary pieces that come through your workplace, and then make sure you don't have a pile of about a dozen others stashed away beside your desk.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:42 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like your co-workers got to know you pretty fast.

 
At 2:16 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Man, a guy comes back from Seattle for a day or two and he thinks he can throw around some attitude.

Bitch.

 
At 3:19 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't fall asleep? Did you try masturbating...again?

 
At 2:52 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't blame me because they are peeling your onion. We are quick in NYC, you might have to relocate sooner than expected.

 
At 4:40 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

What's this "We are quick" stuff? You're from Lake Forest, bitch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home