eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Belt

Certainly in a city with 8 million people you see some unusual stuff from time to time, regardless of how early in the morning it might be.

And this morning was no exception.

I was walking behind a drunk man at about 5 a.m on my way into work. There is a police station a block west of my office, and there's some construction going on there, so those saw horses are out in front and a path between two of them is blocked by yellow police crime-scene tape.

The drunk guy stopped there, ripped a few feet of the yellow tape off for himself, and started to walk away. When I returned my gaze on him a moment later, he was snaking the tape through the loops of his fancy denim shorts. Yes, he was using police tape as a belt at 5 in the morning.

Until I moved to the fashion capital of the world, I had no idea how important it is to accessorize.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:14 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you expect? With the rents the way they are in this town, you have to cut a few corners here and there.

 
At 10:02 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

I'm hip. This man is an innovator. He's the Sam Wyche of drunks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home