eXTReMe Tracker

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Celebrity Thursday

Chris NothBecause I was busy doing absolutely nothing over the weekend -- except watching Ohio State put on an offensive clinic Saturday afternoon -- I'm already able to recap an interesting Thursday here now on Sunday night. Talk about efficiency.

I left work Thursday at about 2:30 p.m. and walked a few blocks uptown toward home when I saw a zillion production trucks. That's when I remembered some co-workers saying that day that crews were in the neighborhood to shoot a scene from the upcoming "Sex And The City" movie.

Now I'm normally not star-struck ... if we're just talking. But in person? Yeah, I'm a tourist just like anyone else. So I whipped out the compact camera whose zoom function isn't great and tried to grab a shot of Chris Noth (above) or Kristin Davis as they sat at a cafe on the corner of 70th and Lexington.

Obama GirlBut it seemed for every curious onlooker there was a crew member to match, and none was too shy to say shit like, "Please don't stand there. You can't walk that way. Don't cross the street now. Please no pictures."

So I had to quickly take one of Noth that you can see didn't turn out too well. A good photographer shouldn't blame his cameras. But if he can, he'll blame an unforgiving movie crew.

Later that night, I had an invite for what I thought would be a classy to-do to launch last week's latest online video starring the now-famous "Obama Girl," who's pictured above. Instead, the Canal Room in Tribeca served host to what was more of a fund-raising event for the U.S. military, which is the topic of "I Like A Boy," another production by BarelyPolitical.com, sung once again by Leah Kauffman.

Kauffman and the band did unveil a new song that wasn't as funny in person as it probably seemed when it was first conjured up. Remember when Andy Samberg and Justin Timberlake did this?

Well, what Kauffman and co. did was replace the slang reference to male genitalia with a slang reference to female genitalia. Below is the four-minute clip:



We did meet Obama Girl, previously known as Amber Lee Ettinger, and she certainly is pretty, but the introduction was brief and the boyfriend was skilled at hovering.

After that, we rolled over to Bread, which turned out to be a very cool place. Five minutes after being seated outside, Laura Dern sat down at the table next to us with two friends.

All in all, a pretty interesting evening, tho I was glad to get home and get my usual four hours of sleep.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home