eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Reviews

Lawrence of Arabia -- Again, I joined NetFlix six months ago because I wanted to watch some of the classics that I just never bothered to see over the years. Add this one to the list of good movies, but like "Gone With The Wind", "Casablanca" and "Citizen Kane," I don't think these are among the top five movies of all time.

Ocean's 13 -- Wall said he thought this movie "wasn't bad, but wasn't good either." Sometimes I like a little mindless entertainment for two hours, even if it's via the chase-the-money route. I hope they make Ocean's movies for 10 more years. Damon, Pitt and Clooney, and their cast of mostly lesser-known but likable (Casey Affleck, Don Cheadle, Scott Caan) buddies make this otherwise uncomplicated movie enjoyable.

No Country For Old Men -- In the 18 months I've been in NYC, I'd never locked myself out of my apartment.

Until yesterday.

So to kill two hours before my super could let me in on Tuesday, I sat down for this one and actually enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I've picked up a cough this week and was thinking about how annoying it was when the movie just kind of ended in the middle of a conversation. But definitely worth seeing, even if the theater I went to charged full price at 2:45 p.m. on a weekday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shoulda called me, went at 6:15 last night. Awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home