eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Fuerza Bruta

Sometimes when I miss the midwest, and I miss it often, something happens that reminds me that I live in the greatest city in the world.

I've been here in New York for 18 months now, and I can count at least a few occasions where something I experienced makes the missing entirely worth it.

You know how stretching or a massage loosens your muscles, or how a sauna might open your sinuses? Odd analogies, I know, but profound in much the same way that "Fuerza Bruta" introduces you to a completely new level of appreciation. I'd never heard of it until Tuesday night, and it truly is candy for the senses.

Casting girl took me to the Daryl Roth Theatre near Union Square last night to take in the 70-minute show. I won't go into my typically wordy detail; I'll just tell you these people are courageous aerial performance artists. I'm sure real art writers have a much more eloquent way of describing it, so I'll stop myself now and ask you to enjoy a still-image slideshow here, then some impromptu video clips I shot below:

Fuerza Bruta Clip No. 4

Add to My Profile | More Videos


Fuerza Bruta Clip No. 3

Add to My Profile | More Videos


Fuerza Bruta Clip No. 2

Add to My Profile | More Videos


Fuerza Bruta Clip No. 1

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home