eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sean Taylor

I don't know where I stand on the Sean Taylor tragedy. Word is that he began to turn his life around once his daughter was born last year, after numerous thuggish behaviors. I'd like to believe that, but isn't that what friends and family always say about tragic figures?

While I try to figure out my take, you should read this column by Jason Whitlock. Sometimes I wish columnists didn't have their headshots atop their pieces because what should be important is what you're reading, not the color of the skin of the person writing it. But Whitlock often tackles race, which is a subject I like to read and think and talk about, especially as it applies to its place in sport. Many times the mere mention of the word "black" makes Americans uncomfortable, but without the dialogue, nothing will ever improve.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:35 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about them Hurricanes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home