eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Weekend Review

Had a bittersweet Saturday morning as an old friend was visiting from out-of-town. One minute, I was listening to a voice mail from old dude John Charlton about how he seems ready to buy my car that I've been spending $360 a month on for the last two years as it sits unused in my mom's driveway in Cleveland. What a relief that could turn out to be.

But the next minute, Mom's calling to tell me that Mike has cancer. I think I'm aware of plenty of those who regularly read this blog, and let's just say I don't think they're the church-going type. But for anyone else who might be prone to pray, please say what's up and ask for some love for my stepdad, Mike Evansa. He begins six weeks of five-times-a-week radiation treatments next Monday. Thank you.

Including the weekend and other goings-on lately, here are some recent visits:

+ Haru
+ PJ Clarke's
+ The Auction House
+ The Pig and Whistle
+ Lattanzi

Tried to step into Becco in the theater district, but they were complete a-holes before the door could even close behind my incredibly firm ass. We were sent packing. Not cool.

And some recent rentals:

+ The TV Set -- Very good movie, sometimes comical, on the evolution of a television show from pilot to air.
+ Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room -- Good documentary on the Enron collapse.
+ This Film Is Not Yet Rated -- Good documentary on how movies get their ratings, which is a secretive and sometimes inconsistent process.
+ So Goes The Nation -- Good documentary on the 2004 campaign, shot mostly in the great state of Ohio.
+ The Lives Of Others -- Excellent.

Monday at work, we did a story about how Americans are not getting enough sleep, and it affects their work. I'm certainly one of those people, having to work every morning at 5 a.m. But pay close attention to the supermodel when you look at the image in this story.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:56 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray God grants Mike and your family strength and courage through these trials of life. Proverbs 3:5-6

 
At 4:28 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for him and your family.

 
At 4:18 PM EST, Blogger Susie said...

JP, so sorry to hear about Mike. I'll be sure to keep him & your family in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home