eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My First Asian

Accurate as it may be, the headline for this entry is merely a nod to those who enjoy Vince Vaughn's character in "Wedding Crashers."

But old flame Lisa tracked me down this week after a couple of years, and entertained me with this thought I'd totally forgotten about.

In 1999, I think it was, when we dated, I pulled my usual go-to-bed-late-despite-an-early-flight-the-next-morning routine, and I'll let her quote from Monday's email sum up what followed next:

"...Remember that ride to the airport, when you were going to visit your sister in Australia? We woke up late and rushed around like crazy people, grabbed the phone book and did we actually attempt to call the airline to hold the plane for you?"

Yes, I did indeed try to have an airplane held on my behalf. Needless to say, alternative arrangements had to be made upon arriving at the airport in Cincinnati.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:32 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asians are so complicated.

 
At 1:17 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was your first Asian.

 
At 4:02 PM EDT, Blogger La Sneha said...

i've done that. But I made it onto the plane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home