eXTReMe Tracker

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Brooklyn Bridge Turns 125

Good friends Kelly and Timm let me come to their cool place in DUMBO Thursday night to shoot the fireworks celebrating the Brooklyn Bridge's 125th birthday.

I've shot better fireworks before, but I had pretty much free reign during Thunder Over Louisville in 2006. Thursday night, the Manhattan backdrop was far more dramatic, but I had a pair of obstructions. If I swiveled my tripod too far to the south, in order to capture more of the bridge, I got the corner of the rooftop cabana next to the one our small group was in. And if I tried to lower the swivel and show more of the East River, to add some colorful reflections on the water, the outer edge of the rooftop crept into the frame.

So please keep those two facts in mind when viewing. Other than that, enjoy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home