eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The L Word

I came across my birth certificate today and ended a years-long mystery in my family.

It turns out there is only one "L" in my middle name. On the rare occasion that I had to fill out a really important form that required the spelling -- not just the initial -- of the middle name, I used to either order a reprint of said birth certificate or call home to mom.

It's funny, for some odd reason, mom just brought it up out of the blue last weekend and claimed she was confident there were two Ls in Phillip. Now that I just typed that, I remember some rule of thumb that says there's one L in the first name that is singular, and two Ls in the last name that is often plural. Makes sense.

So rest easy, everybody. I now know how to spell my full name.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home