eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, June 06, 2011

NYC To West Palm Beach: Day 2

After five years of living in New York City, I've taken a job in West Palm Beach, Fla. For the next week few days, this space will serve as a diary of my convoluted trip down south, which will include stops in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Louisville and maybe Atlanta and/or Savannah.

Thursday, June 2, was perfect. I slept in until after 10 a.m. in the world's most comfortable bed, the guest room at my folks' place in Cleveland.

I tapped into my manly side and helped Mike with some handy tasks around the house, then put on my new shirt, shoes and belt that Mike and my mom gave me and off we went to the Welshfield Inn for lunch.

We returned home to find a UPS package waiting on their front porch. It was a gorgeous navy blazer that Mike ordered for me. Not sure how he did it, but he got the fit perfect.

Pretty much every visit to Cleveland I catch at least one afternoon nap on the living-room couch. Thursday was my day for that. It was outstanding.

It was a mistake because I'm one of those cats who can nap for even just a second and that will keep me from falling asleep at a normal time later that night. And that's exactly what happened. After watching the Dallas Mavericks storm back to beat Miami with a huge fourth-quarter rally in Game 2 of the NBA Finals, I was up until about 3 a.m., unable to fall asleep.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home