eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, June 05, 2006

On The Road Again -- Thursday, June 1

So I'm spending the first day on the new job updating my blog. Lemme tell ya, orientation is soooo intimidating.

I'm in New York and all, but let's rewind a few days so I can recap the rest of the move, as this is my first visit to an online computer in nearly a week.

My 16-foot Penske truck was packed practically full when we wheeled out of Cleveland at midnight Wednesday. The Associated Press says to refer to the day that's ending, not the day that's beginning, when you use the word midnight. So let's just say this, at 12:01 a.m. Thursday, Jennifer and I pulled out of Cleveland and began a four-hour trek to lovely Lamar, Pennsylvania. It was wet out and we were both somewhat tired. Jennifer assured me she'd try to stay awake for the trip, and that effort ended not long after she hung up her cell phone after a call with her friend Tacia, who was drinking at a bar.

But Lamar is indeed lovely this time of year. The continental breakfast was divine. Two bowls of Froot Loops and a plain English Muffin was enough to get me ready for the road Thursday at about 10:30 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home