eXTReMe Tracker

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Baton Update

The Baton was accepted into Virginia Commonwealth University's Adcenter, the grad school she was hoping to get into.

VCU has the top-ranked, graduate-level advertising program in the country, so she's obviously excited, but also, and understandably, pretty nervous. One thing about dating someone so much younger is that, although I've only known her for less than a year, I've actually watched her grow up right in front of my very eyes. I'm proud of her for being accepted into such a program, but it's hard not to wonder where this thing will go now that we'll be 340 miles apart for 21 months. I know I'll be able to be patient, but I just hope she can do the same.

She leaves for Richmond in the middle of August. Please forgive if I don't update here as often.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM EDT, Blogger brokedickdog said...

Congratulations BATON- Long Distance Relationships can be tough but take from a guy who has been married for 7 years now and traveled a hell of a lot during that time it can be done. There are internet webcams and IM etc. to help bridge the gap. But don't forget, those are just tools, that enable communication. It still is what you say and not how you say it (or transmit it). I thought the world cup was dumb until I saw Zidane in the final, that kind of move could really help Soccar get some traction in the US...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home