eXTReMe Tracker

Friday, August 04, 2006

No Twirling Zone

JenGovCupThe Baton has left New York City. She flew home to Virginia today, where she'll begin grad school at Virginia Commonwealth University in a few weeks. Quiet days ahead here in the apartment, so feel free to drop a brother a line.

In the year we've been dating -- we celebrated our first anniversary last week -- I seriously think I've taken about 2,000 pictures of her. Almost all of them are suitable to post on this Web site. But the one above is one of my favorites. It wasn't long after we started dating, and it was the first time I got to shoot the Baton in action. She was twirling at the UK-UofL football game on Labor Day weekend 2005.

You'll notice the colors of both schools in the background, suggesting that the marching bands from rival universities were able to set aside their differences and participate harmoniously together for at least one day. That afternoon, though the scoreboard might have told otherwise, everyone went home a winner. Everyone went home a winner indeed.

4 Comments:

At 9:12 AM EDT, Blogger brokedickdog said...

What is that in the foreground?

A spectral "ORB" that stupid ghost hunters always seem to catch on film or perhaps a wayward baton rocketing towards your face?

 
At 10:15 AM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

" ...wayward baton rocketing towards your face? " that's funny.

Actually, I don't know what it is, and at first, I thought it ruined the picture, but everyone seemed to like it, so I did too. In fact, showing that I'm an incredibly unethical journalist, I put it on my old site in Kentucky and caught all kinds of grief from sarcastic co-workers for months.

 
At 7:30 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually it's a glare from the big rocks dangling from her earlobes! Did you buy her those?

 
At 6:17 AM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Yeah, I like to treat each of my ladies to diamonds at least once monthly. When you work in news, you eventually run out of ways to spend all the loot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home