eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Some Of My Favorite People

I get so caught up in myself on this blog that I thought I'd spice it up a little by saying hello to some other people for a change. So below are some of the good friends I've made in the news business over the years -- at least those with online bios.

BoelJohn Boel is one of the best in the business, as well as one of the best friends a guy could ask for. He's won 50 Emmy Awards, more than any other journalist in the country. I happened to be lucky enough to work with him in Louisville, Ky., and he's one of the reasons why I would go back there if New York doesn't work out.

MoI don't think you could pack more history into 30 months than I have with Maureen Kyle. John Charlton, who you'll meet shortly, wanted to introduce us in 2004 because she and I share a Cleveland connection. We played a little cat and mouse before timing became an issue, and we've gone from almost-kind of-nearly-somewhat dated to excellent friends.

HeaterCharlton is fondly known as Hot Carl and Heater, among others. And he just happens to be the nicest cat around. He's better at calling and keeping in touch than I am, but it's hard to return messages to a guy whose mom engaged me in a game of footsy under the table at Osaka on the night of his birthday a few years back.

AnneAnne Craig deserves a pat on the back. She just ran her first New York City Marathon on Sunday. Plus I'll take any possible opportunity to speak highly of her in order to stay in her good graces. Her job requires her to screen movies, but she's always allowed to bring a friend. Cough cough.

My, that was fun. I think I'll start doing this on a regular basis. Got a picture of yourself? Send it in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home