eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Beyonce And Me

I'm normally not a huge Beyonce fan, nor does my friend Joe -- of Joe's Wedding fame below -- call me a whole lot, but these two things came face-to-face with each other Thursday afternoon.

As you know, I nap frequently in the afternoon when I come home from work. My alarm was set for 5:40 p.m. today, but at about 4:45 p.m., I was just putting my arm around a tearful Beyonce -- yes, that Beyonce; is there any other? -- who was distraught over something. Maybe she was losing her creative edge. Maybe she noticed her bank balance had dipped below a hundred mil, or perhaps she was considering leaving Jay. Z for an online news editor.

Regardless, I began to impart my often helpful words of wisdom to the beautiful gal, but there was Joe, calling on the cell phone, stealing from me my lean-on-my-shoulder-if-you-need-to-Beyonce moment.

I scrambled to turn the phone off and tried to hurry back to sleep, but of course it was too late. There would be no return to continued glory. Beyonce will have to wait for another day.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:49 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, in the friend zone even in your dreams. You need to get out more.

 
At 10:58 AM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Name the time and place, homey. We need to catch up soon. Surprised you haven't chimed in on the Sopranos. You still subscribe to Entertainment Weekly? Bitch.

 
At 12:19 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to subscribe, everything is FREE with this thing called the internet. Would love to catch up, you still have your ban on weeknight drinking?

 
At 1:10 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

I recently announced a moratorium on bans.

If you're talking happy hour after you get off work, that's manageable. But then you'd have to set your VCR to record those Seinfeld reruns on TNT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home