eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, September 15, 2008

Kim And Me

I'm not a celeb-stalker; but I played one in Los Angeles on Sunday.

I won't say I'm above stargazing, but I don't seek it out. Big sis Missy came down from San Francisco to hang for the day yesterday, and after some beach time in Malibu, we made a trade. She wanted to do some celeb-watching in exchange for driving me downtown so I could shoot the Walt Disney Concert Hall.

We hadn't even parked the car near the trendy restaurant The Ivy and already, we were onto something.

We'd just turned the corner and saw a handful of photographers gathered outside some store. So we parked the car and I grabbed my cameras.

By the time we emerged from the parking garage, the gathering had migrated toward a MAC cosmetics joint, and that's where we thought we saw the lovely and talentless Kim Kardashian. A few minutes later, sure enough, out she came.

I did get caught up in it, and wouldn't you know it, while backpedaling (and shooting) in flip flops, I eventually backed into a baby stroller. After the mom gave me a look I WILL NEVER FORGET, I offered a sincere apology, then turned around to face Ms. Kardashian, who looked me straight in the eye and asked firmly, "Are you serious?"

I hightailed it out of there with big sis and can't remember ever feeling so embarrassed.

And in case you've been reading about my LA trip overall, let's recap: couldn't get a rental car, got violated on several cab fares, Ohio State got drilled, Kim Kardashian lit me up and then, of course, my 10:30 p.m. flight last night didn't leave until closer to midnight.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 5:53 PM EDT, Blogger Marcus Riley said...

Let me add, you also didn't get the money K.K. shot...

 
At 12:49 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ask her why she won't date white dudes?

 
At 4:15 AM EDT, Blogger Arun said...

OK, after reading this I feel compelled to make this forceful statement: FLIP FLOPS ARE NOT SHOES. THEY ARE PIECES OF RUBBER MEANT FOR THE BEACH OR THE GYM SHOWER. ANYONE WHO WEARS RUBBER FLIP FLOPS AS FOOTWEAR IN PUBLIC SHOULD BE SHOT.

 
At 5:39 AM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Matt, I thought about it, but things were going so well between us I didn't want to jinx it.

 
At 5:41 AM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Arun, that's a forceful statement indeed. My punishment wasn't to be shot, just to be on the receiving end of a very mean look from a Beverly Hills mom, which was just as painful.

 
At 1:21 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When she asked if you were serious, was she responding to your request to direct, film, and star in the sequel to her movie with Ray J? Seems like the only question worth asking her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home