eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, June 06, 2011

NYC To West Palm Beach: Day 3

After five years of living in New York City, I've taken a job in West Palm Beach, Fla. For the next week or so, this space will serve as a diary of my convoluted trip down south, which will include stops in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Louisville and maybe Atlanta and/or Savannah.

Friday was a pretty hectic day. Despite not falling asleep until 3 a.m. or so, I got up at about 7 a.m. What awaited was pretty neat, however. A family of ducks (pictured, right) was starting its day on the pond in my mom's backyard before the morning fog burned away.

After taking a few pictures of that, it was time to pack my rental car and head off to Enterprise to return my round-trip rental, then rent another car for a one-way trip down to Cincinnati. The fine folks at Enterprise allowed me to just use the same car, so I didn't have to unload my loot and load it back into another car.

The ride down was pretty smooth. Once I got to Columbus, I got a little Jim Rome time on the radio, which is always entertaining. I ended up at CVG Airport to drop off the rental, and the nice people at Jeff Wyler Honda picked me up because my next big move on this trip was that I was going out to their dealership to buy a car. Sure enough, I now own a 2008 Honda Accord.

I wasn't planning to have a big night out with old friends in Cincinnati. I just wanted to get to my good friend Jason Buroker's house. After my last photography show in Cincinnati a couple years ago, a bunch of my stuff ended up at his home studio in Independence, Ky. So I spent the night at his place and we had a few beers and a bunch of laughs after some Thai dinner.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home