eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Review: Plunge

Since I’m a journalist for a start-up online operation, I make lots and lots of money.

And I can think of no better way to flaunt my $50s than by going to places like Plunge.

For those who don’t know much about the news business, we actually don’t get paid very well. But I still did find myself Tuesday night at Plunge, the rooftop bar above the trendy Hotel Gansevoort in New York’s hip Meatpacking district.

The drink list showed me that I could pay $15 for a rum and coke, and if I so desired, a bottle of liquor would only set me back $350. That’s hot.

I jokingly said to my friend Amanda, in town on business this week, that I’ll probably just order a Bud Light in a can. But when the unfriendly waitress finally did arrive, she said there actually were a few beers available, so I ordered a Stella, which has become my beer the last six months or so.

Perhaps the beers aren’t on the menu because they’re the cheapest items available. That, too, is hot.

Now I’m typically not much into this type of scene, where I know I’m the brokest bitch in the place. But it was fun nonetheless catching up with Amanda and looking at what few pretties dropped in early on a Tuesday evening. The lounge ambience – music, lighting, décor – certainly was enjoyable, just the people at places like this aren’t typically my flavor. But I can imagine that midnight on a Friday might be a lively scene to people watch, and with my sister Melissa scheduled for a weekend visit, perhaps I’ll have a different review for you in a few days.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home