eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

MyAnnoyance

MySpace has a pretty unusual way of allowing its nearly 150 million users to change their settings.

If you sign up and associate your account with one e-mail address, then change e-mail addresses and want to reflect that change in your account, you have to reply to a confirmation mail MySpace tech support will send you once you try to make the change.

Only problem is, the confirmation mail goes to your old address. This is not something about which the Guiness guys would bump pilsner glasses and describe as "brilliant."

And since I'm annoying many of my friends on MySpace now because two dozen bulletins have been mailed out under my name, I'm obviously trying to correct the situation. What should concern MySpace is that the fact that someone has hacked into my account to send out these bulletins isn't even the most troubling scenario here. I can easily stop the bulletins from going out by changing the password on my e-mail. But of course, once I try to do that, MySpace will send a confirmation note to which I'll need to reply. Only it will go to the old address that no longer exists.

If it was 1988 and I still had a shit list, MySpace would be on it. I'd have pegged jeans and a Kajagoogoo haircut, all the while posing as a talented indoor soccer player. Sheesh, maybe I should bring back the shit list and put myself on it.

So if you're among my MySpace friends, please forgive as I try to remedy this situation, but don't hold your breath. Meantime, please take advantage of the free pizza and cheap clothes outlined in those bulletins.

8 Comments:

At 3:52 PM EST, Blogger Jeff said...

Do you feel empty inside when you make a post and no one comments? If you do, then consider this a comment.

 
At 11:00 AM EST, Blogger brokedickdog said...

I second that

 
At 11:01 AM EST, Blogger brokedickdog said...

sounds like Troyboy has your back wise

 
At 12:17 PM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

San Dimas High School football rules.

 
At 12:21 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about St. Ritas?

 
At 1:16 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MySpace and quite possibly the Internet may be too techincal for you. I think you should quit now and go back to playing Yar's Revenge in your basement.

 
At 2:27 PM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Is that available on Intellivision?

Sincerely,
Poodle

 
At 8:58 AM EST, Blogger brokedickdog said...

No, your thinking of Zelda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home