eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, March 26, 2007

Flawless Four

To answer the question that thousands of you are asking yourselves today ... it's true, I did pick the Final Four correctly. I was the only one to do it in my office pool.

But unfortunately, what is also true is that the one person ahead of me in the office pool has, like me, UCLA winning it, and this is a winner-take-all event. The funny thing is that I try to pick a second- or third-most obvious pick to win the tournament in case I find myself in the situation I'm in right now -- close to the top. Because when everyone piles on like they did, understandably, about Florida in this year's bracket, I didn't want to go Gators like everyone else. But I clearly would have been better off, both stategically and realistically, as I think Florida will beat UCLA.

Anyway, no winnings in sight for me, so don't expect an invitation to summer on my newly purchased yacht just yet. Maybe next year.

Here's the proof, and the blog (scroll down toward the bottom). Drop me a line there or here and tell me who you think comes out on top.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In a freakish twist of karmic retribution, the stars will align and OSU will beat Florida.

Peace will break out in the Middle East.

Britney, Lohan, and Paris will all spontaneously combust.

People will suddenly care less than a rat's ass about Anna Nicole Smith or her corpse.

I will nail the cute girl in my lab class that I am not officially teaching, so no problem there.

All of Nature will sing in harmony and unity, and Mankind will be One.

 
At 9:23 AM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Splendid contribution today, young Matt, tho "not officially teaching" leaves me somewhat skeptical.

Are you the Ross Geller of USF?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home