eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Kentucky Derby 133

Kentucky Derby Hopeful Hard SpunOne thing I loved about Kentucky Derby season when I lived in Louisville was all the celebrities who stormed the town the week of the race.

At right is Sarah Jessica Parker. Or is that John Elway? Nancy Kerrigan?

In all seriousness, the Derby is the grandest event of all time. Screw the Super Bowl. I truly love the Derby. It alone is enough for me to want to live in Louisville again, though the occasion is made even better with all the great friendships I was fortunate enough to make there.

And instead of lugging cameras around all day this year, like I did the previous five or six years, I'll actually be sitting in section 117 all day with a few friends, enjoying a drink or two under the sun, watching Scat Daddy, which will probably go off at about 10-1, win me some money. And -- this I can guarantee -- that is my final pick until I change it in the next 24 or 48 hours.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:19 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

except that they've changed the track surface and 11 or 12 of the horses have only run in 3-4 races. So, oddsmakers are having a rough time determining which horses actually have any talent. The field is WIDE OPEN.

 
At 3:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is your pick to be turned into glue after the race?

 
At 5:40 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"a drink or two"

umm, is this some kind of euphemism for an extended blackout?

 
At 5:53 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

no such change in track surface. keeneland, in lexington, has that new poly-BS surface, but not at churchill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home