eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Dork of the Moment

My dude Dave who I reference here from time to time is somewhat of a music buff. I feel like I know a lot about music, particularly trivia about obscure 80s acts, but homeboy puts me to shame. When we worked together in Cincinnati, for every one time I would get some sort of trivia or reference before him, he would outwit me nine times.

Early this year when I thought I might have discovered something new in my girl K.T. Tunstall, I e-mailed him and asked if he'd heard of her. Not only had he heard of her. He replied with a 10-paragraph dissertation on how talented she is, and I know it wasn't some shit he stole from Google.

Anyway, he mailed me today that he was talking with our dude John about upcoming concerts around the Midwest. On cue, Dave received his weekly update about shows in Cleveland, and he noted that there was good news for ones of people across northeast Ohio -- on Sept. 15, All Four Original Members of Asia.

I haven't bothered to look whether that's how the show is really being billed, or if it's merely Asia. Either way, Dave ripped off the following note to John -- "Oh, you mean John Wetton, Geoff Downes, Steve Howe, and Carl Palmer?

Signed,

Guy Who Manages To Get Laid Even Though He Can Name All Four Original Members of Asia"

I don't need to continue, as Dave's self-deprecation is more than enough. I think he enjoys knowing weak stuff and verbalizing it, thereby preventing others' smartass remarks by beating everyone else to the punch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home