eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Earning My Stripes?

Once again, I've gotten some unsatisfactory results from my laundress/dry cleaner.

Most of the time, I pack a lunch and get my clothes ready for the next work day on the night before. But lately I've been slacking, so when I tried to grab the blue dress shirt out of the plastic dry cleaning bag this morning, I noticed there were several spots on it that weren't there before I took it in last week. And as usual, it was about three minutes until I needed to be at work, and I still had to get on the bus.

So I grabbed a pink, black and white striped shirt (unironed, of course) and threw that on quickly and was out the door.

It wasn't until the elevator had me dropping down past the fourth floor that I realized I had a striped shirt on with pinstriped black pants. Separately, the pants and the shirt are both quality garments, because, as you know, that is indeed how I roll.

But worn together, perhaps not so much. Nonetheless, I made it to work without any weird looks, and with Fashion Week right around the corner here in the big city, I can only hope this style photographer isn't lurking in my neighborhood when I go home from work today.

Nonetheless, a co-worker who I think is quite stylish heard my lament and gave me the full-frontal once-over, then insisted that I'm pulling off stripes over stripes fine. Personally, I think she just wanted an excuse to check out my package. Don't you agree?

2 Comments:

At 6:11 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably. But what I can't believe is that you used the expression "how I roll" seemingly with a straight face. (Juliet)

 
At 8:41 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Ahhhh, young Juliet. Fly a girl out to Vegas and she grows some courage to cap on a blogger 2,500 miles away!

Just kidding. But kind of not, b/c you've seen me roll, and I do it well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home