eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My New Nickname

I don't think I'm necessarily losing touch, but I will concede that I haven't heard of every semi-new musician or hot actress out there on the scene. And I'll never claim to understand rap culture.

These two facts became simultaneously quite evident when I edited a story about a rapper named C-Murder. Are you fucking kidding me? I realize it's really cool to go by anything other than your real name, and use a 'Z' where an 'S' is part of the correct spelling. Stomping all over the English language has been the norm for nearly 20 yearz now, ya feel me dawg?

But seriously, how does that work at parties? When he's introduced, does he say, "Hello, LeBron, my name is C-Murder. It's a pleasure to meet you." And how will his lawyer get any favorable rulings in his murder re-trial next spring when his argument will have to sound something like, "My client, C-Murder, did not have anything to do with this heinous crime."

When I envisioned these parties where star athletes and entertainers seem to cross paths with greater frequency these days, I wondered what I'd call myself if I put out a rap record. And I think I like Johnny Rapes-A-Lot, but I still welcome your suggestions.

Suggest A New Nickname

5 Comments:

At 2:14 PM EDT, Blogger Jeff said...

wiZe ass bitches

 
At 11:38 AM EDT, Blogger brokedickdog said...

I like Wiggidy wiggidy wack

 
At 11:58 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Great White Hope

 
At 5:08 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Wise, rush chairman

 
At 7:39 PM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

I'll rank these suggestions in order:

1) John Wise, rush chairman
2) Wiggidy Wiggidy wack
3) WiZe ass bitches
4) Great White Hope

Sorry, other dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home