eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Readin' Books And Shit

Catching up . . .

Finished "Nemesis," by Peter Evans, a couple weeks ago. I wholeheartedly recommend this book. It was yet another reminder that I wish I would have taken history more seriously in high school and college. But Evans gives a front-row look at the Kennedy-Onassis rivalry of the 1950s and 1960s, and reaffirms that it's not only the poor people who fuck everyone and everything and addict themselves to alcohol, drugs and drama. The poor people actually have it better than the rich and powerful because they don't have the power that the political and social elite have to have people killed. Read "Nemesis" and find out who had whom killed, and tons of other sexy gossip from a most pivotal period in modern American and even world history.

Had to lighten things up after that, so I chose to reread a book by an author I've been trying to interview. Check back soon for what I hope will be a conversation with Jonathan Ames, whose "What's Not To Love?" I finished last night. I can probably count on one hand the number of books I've read twice, and since there are so many others that I own and haven't yet read, I'd rather spend my time getting into those. But Ames was worth it and I'm sure will be again in a couple of years when I need a laugh.

And last night, I picked up one of those many unread books that's been collecting dust on my shelves. Hesse's "Siddhartha" covers a young Indian man's spiritual journey and his quest toward finding his earthly purpose. A smaller book than I'm used to, but not necessarily a quick read for an ADD jackass like myself. I'm on page 16. Check back Saturday when I review page 18.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home