eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, March 05, 2007

Scream Of Consciousness

One topic doesn't necessarily outweigh another today, but I've got a few things for you nonetheless:

I tripped a girl: With apologies to Jill Sobule, this event did indeed occur near the intersection of 68th and 3rd today. I was en route to purchase some delightful grocery store sushi for lunch this afternoon when I saw some stock personnel taking up much of the sidewalk out in front of Food Emporium. I slowed my step to allow these hard workers to maneuver their carts around and into the store. I was clearly the first person waiting to walk straight through the narrow corridor once these workers got out of the way, and when I started to move forward, a man to my left with a bad attitude knowingly cut me off and was pulling by hand his lady friend behind him. Without thinking, and just reacting with anger, I quickly picked up my pace and, keeping my head down, pretended I didn't see either of them and turned my left foot outward and, um, accidentally tripped his girlfriend. I promise I didn't know it was a woman. It all happened so fast and I'm still dealing with anger issues when it comes to adjusting to the hustle bustle of these city streets. This is a good example of why I would or could end up back in Louisville.

Scratch and win: Every month, there's a new rotation of commercials that gets played far more than others, particularly in the morning. One that's currently got a high-annoyance ratio is about the local scratch-off game. "You could win" a certain cash prize, but quite honestly, if I'm scratching, I'm definitely winning, and I don't need to leave the house for lottery tickets for that.

Melinda and Melinda: I've seen this movie a couple of times, and it's on right now as I type today's failures. I used to think Chloe Sevigny was so darling, but it's hard to take her seriously after I finally caught an online viewing of "The Brown Bunny" blow job scene. A few times. She and three or four others might call it art, but it looks to me like anything but that.

Speaking of movies: Loved "The Illusionist" on Saturday. Hadn't seen Edward Norton in a while. He did an excellent job, as did Paul Giamatti. And I think that was the first movie I'd seen with Jessica Biel. My, she's well-deserving of the hype, and she's a decent -- not great -- actor. But "All The King's Men" was a little slow and Gandolfini, as much as I love him in "Sopranos," shouldn't try to pull off the Louisiana accent again soon without a lesson or two.

Challa at your boy: XBox Girl, who is Jewish, seemed to take great delight in sharing a few facts about her religion over breakfast recently. I ordered the French Toast on Challa bread. She, by the way, will no longer be called XBox girl, as she recently left the job that made the nickname sensible. She started a new job today, but she's a confident gal; I don't think she's schvitzing too badly.

Nonetheless, one of her accounts will be an adult toy company. I can't give you many more details than that, but you're welcome to nominate a new nickname.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:11 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You womanizer

Nickname = Pleasure swing gal

 
At 10:12 AM EST, Blogger brokedickdog said...

I nominate "cockring"

 
At 1:50 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Chocolate thunder"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home