eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Review: OSU-Florida

This is a true story:

Florida had a couple of guys in foul trouble as it led by 14 points midway through the second half of Monday's impressive championship game defeat of Ohio State.

As you know, I root for Ohio State.

But I received a text message from a friend and Florida fan complaining about the officiating. Remember, this fan's team was ahead by 14 points, and I was the recipient of a strongly worded note about how OSU star freshman Greg Oden was getting away with physical play and how he'd have to pay the officials after the game. Then I got another. Then a THIRD text message. All in the second half, a half in which Ohio State never led, never got to within less than six, if I recall.

Read the rest of my NCAA tournament blog. Scroll down toward the bottom of the page.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! If only the Buckeyes had won, the rest of my predictions in the "Flawless Four" post would have come true. The Gators have become an annoyance that must be destroyed.

On the bright side, my beloved Reds beat the Cubs on Opening Day. Good times.

 
At 2:58 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention that they shot more than 10 free-throws before we ever got to the line. Nope, all the calls were against Florida!

 
At 10:59 AM EDT, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

Matt -- And to quote Jim Rome, if only my aunt had a package, she'd be my uncle!

Sholl -- I missed the first eight minutes of the game, but yeah, I heard the zebras called a couple of quick, ticky-tackies on Conley.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home