eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Monsanto

I watched a documentary two years ago called "The Future Of Food", which covered the corporatization of something as basic as food. I'd never heard of Monsanto prior to that film, but will never forget that name now for as long as I live.


So when the May issue of "Vanity Fair" arrived last week, I turned right to this story about Monsanto and its "Harvest of Fear."


I'm an average American and I think many of us are merely aware of how banking, oil and many other front-of-mind industries are as corporatized as they are. But food?


It's a long article, but definitely worth a read. Actually, it's not just worth a read; I'd say you should read it. You must read it. I'm a lazy-ass, but maybe one of you will be inspired to do something about Monsanto's tactics. I don't know what you can do, but let's just say I'd have no problems if you dropped a bomb on its headquarters offices, located at 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd. in St. Louis.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article, great post. Keep this up and we might actually believe there's something else besides marbles and cheese in your head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home