eXTReMe Tracker

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Charges Dropped

Monday I received in the mail a letter from the St. Paul City Attorney, a single-spaced correspondence that extended all the way to the very bottom of the page.

Despite lots of tedious legalese, I'm pretty sure the point was that the unlawful assembly charge from my arrest there in September during the Republican National Convention has been formally dropped.

My attorney told me more than a month ago that that would happen, and now the next step is expungement. I don't like having my fingerprints out there in some database when I did nothing wrong in the first place.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:03 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about all the fingerprints and mug shots from the stuff that you actually did like the Chicken Incident, Look Ma No Pants, and How Much Whiskey Do You Think Is In This Bar.

 
At 10:43 AM EST, Blogger Big Primpin' said...

The chicken was dressed up as a human for Halloween. I had no idea it was a real chicken.

 
At 10:32 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the United Police State of 2008. This is how violating your rights is done these days - arrest you and then drop the charges later. Ain't our government great?

 
At 12:18 PM EST, Blogger Unknown said...

If there was ever any doubt, it's now been proven: John P. Wise is above the law.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home