eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

All Growns Up

I figure if I've been in New York for almost 30 months, it makes sense to act like I actually live here.

So after jumping through many hoops, I now have a New York driver's license, and I finally just got my voter registration card last week.

Also, on the techno-modern front, I now have my first iPod and am wireless in my apartment, so I can use my laptop in even the most far-reaching corners of my luxury home. For those who haven't yet experienced the good fortune of a visit to my place, this means that I can read/send emails from either end of the sofa.

Next up: a passport (Africa is scheduled for 2009 now), and perhaps a large, flat-panel HDTV to hang on the wall. As much as I complain about my finances, especially now that I'm a city-dweller shelling out $2,100 in rent, I've quietly been saving for such a big-ticket item. And American Express, whose rewards earned me that iPod for points, not dollars, has a holiday wish list each year and huge reductions are available on select big-ticket purchases.

Anyone need a Harley?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:22 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: wireless. You're not a grown-up until you've Facebook'd from the toilet.

 
At 3:19 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you saved that lengthy email I sent back in May about how you should purchase a flat screen and where you should place it....You know, the email you never responded to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home